October 14, 2009

When abortion becomes birth control

A

bortion has been decriminalized in the United States for a generation. America has killed tens of millions of its citizens before those young lives were able to contribute to our society. And during this same time we as a nation have become desensitized to this killing.

Irene Vilar

So now that we have adults who have never lived without government condoned, supported, and promoted abortion, we are beginning to see the results of the slippery slope we were warned about when it all began. Irene Vilar, pictured here, has just written Impossible Motherhood: Testimony of an Abortion Addict, in which she tells us of the 15 abortions she had in 17 years. [News story]

I have not read the book and don’t know what Ms. Vilar is attempting to communicate through this story, but her story shines a light on what happens when we cease to recognize the innate dignity and value of human life—in all its stages—from conception through natural death. May God have mercy on our nation.

 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I think that abortion is truly genocide. Many wonderful people have probably been aborted. I think that women should have more outlets and resources than they do. This is actually an insult to mothers everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the article. She isn't the pro-choice side's friend. For one thing, it's kind of obvious she's made some incredibly poor choices, and does not appear to be an emotionally stable or mature individual. May she find the grace of the Lord, and may her eyes be opened so that she can use her bright mind to proclaim the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compare that woman, to this woman: A partial quote from WND, 10 October 09 article:

    Late one evening in 1956 after watching the movie "The Ten Commandments" in a theater, a 22-year-old woman walked home alone in the dark – but she would not make it to the house before eight young men would brutally beat and rape her in the streets.

    The woman, Ann, recalled the horrifying sexual assault in a video about her experience in St. Louis, Mo.

    "I walked home which was about eight blocks, and when I got close to home there was a used car lot, and there were eight men in there," she said. "They grabbed me and attacked me. And I made it home after they attacked me and beat me up and did a few other things."

    A child conceived in rape

    Already shaken by the traumatic sexual assault, Ann made a shocking discovery when she went to stay with her parents in Jackson, Miss.

    "At that time, I didn't know I was pregnant," she said. "Three months later, I found out I was, and my parents didn't want me to have the baby, let alone keep it."

    Her mother insisted that she have an abortion. But Ann adamantly refused.
    "I didn't believe in destroying her, so I had her," Ann said in the video. "And they forced me to give her up."

    Now that little baby, Juda Myers, is grown and shares her inspirational story of life.

    "She knew I was a human," Myers told WND. "She said she couldn't kill a kitten or a puppy, much less a human baby."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn - According to the article, this woman has angered pro-lifers and pro-aborts. So I'm assuming her book is simply a memoir and does not draw and value judgments one way or the other--which is a shame.

    Regarding the WND story - I have never really understood why any pro-lifer would accept abortion in the case of rape or incest. Abortion is destruction of the evidence that a crime has been committed. But it's worse than that since the destruction of that evidence is also the murder of a completely innocent child.

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.