July 27, 2009

3-step program from God

Psalm 50:15

Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.

W

e have been looking for a new home for a few months. We have waited on the Lord to show us the path he wants us to take. Our efforts have born little fruit, but we know that ultimately God controls all things and moves things along for his greater glory and for our benefit and blessing.

But as our landlords’ move-out date has gotten closer and closer, my faith has begun to tremble. I know God is in total control, but I also really don’t want to move my family to the street or to a homeless shelter.

But this morning I was reminded of Psalm 50:15, which I have thought of as God’s 3-Step Program. To directly quote the verse, here are the three steps:

  1. Call upon me in the day of trouble
  2. I will deliver you
  3. You shall glorify me.

That doesn’t sound so hard, does it?

So, this past Friday we filled out an application for a small rental property in Front Royal, Virginia. I have asked many friends to pray about this situation—to pray that God would work these things out to his honor and glory and would see fit to open the pathway to a new home for our family.

We should hear an answer about this home by midweek. So I am entreating all of you to pray with me that God will work this situation out. His 3-Step Program says to call on him in the day of trouble—I believe that this situation qualifies as “the day of trouble.” He then promises to deliver those who call on him in this way.

And then he says, “you shall glorify me.”

So if you pray with us about this you will have a commitment to fulfill. When God answers this prayer and gives us a home, you must join us in glorifying God.

Will you make that commitment and join us in prayer?

I will update you all soon—and we will shout praises to our God together!

6 comments:

  1. I surely will be praying. I'm glad you will let us know what will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, Richard, I recently read through every surviving letter and note my father sent his parents during his time in the army. Many letters were written on the front lines, from foxholes, at sides of buildings, in January and February in Belgium, 1945.

    He was very cold.

    He described what he called a "buzz bomb" (German V1 bomb) going off very near him, once.

    He kept telling his father and mother to not worry about him. He had a prescience that he would live through it to come home, and he did.

    I'm quite confident that God will bring you through this uncertain time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, all. The solidarity in prayer is very encouraging. I will let you know as soon as we hear.

    Lynn - thank you for sharing your father's story. It is a great encouragement. It is good to be in the family of God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, Rich, thank you for giving us the privilege of praying on your behalf. All too often, people don't share their burdens and then we can't fulfill our duty to "bear one another's burdens." But by sharing, you give us one more reason to beseech God to glorify Himself in the lives of His saints, and then another opportunity to praise Him when He gives His incredible answer. When we don't pray for others, we are the ones who miss out on the blessing of being able to give glory to God.

    I have truly grown from your journal of this experience. I am seeing, once again, the sovereignty of God and His desire to teach us His ways by the use of individual lesson plans, perfectly designed for each one of us.

    God has already gotten the glory, Rich, and I can't wait to see what He has for you "around the bend" (or 180 degree hairpin curve, as it were...)

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.