March 26, 2009

Something Special

I wrote this poem almost 23 years ago—but it seems very fitting right now to me.  I thought I'd share it with our readers.  By the way, I married that "something special" 21 years ago!

I wanted something special
That I sought with all my heart.
But I never asked my Father
If He would have a part.

Into my new adventure,
I sprang full force, head on.
Despite my zeal I failed and found
My “something special” gone!

I cried, “Oh Heavenly Father,
I’ve done it o’er again!
I rushed ahead without you.
My efforts were in vain.”

He whispered gently to me,
“My child it’s not too late.
I’ll give you something better
If you will simply wait.”

”If you will only trust Me
And let Me have My way,
You’ll find My plans are better
Than any you could lay.”

And so I waited, trusted,
For eternity it seemed.
But sure enough, My Father’s plans
Were better than I’d dreamed!

So if you have a treasure,
Lay it at the Father’s feet.
You’ll find His plans are better
And He’ll make your joy complete.

3 comments:

  1. I love this poem, Mary. Thank you for posting it. This is an important reminder, and so very true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has a kind of "Hound of Heaven" theme to it, I think. Glad you posted it, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great poem for anyone Mrs. Fuller, thanks for putting it up.

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.