March 26, 2009

Old friends and impromptu portraits

This past Sunday we had a visitor at our church. The visitor was new to me, but not to many of the folks who have been here for decades. This was the daughter of one of the previous pastors. In fact, she and our current pianist were babies in the church nursery together. It was fun to watch them get reacquainted. And, as it turns out, this young lady has a phenomenal voice and sang with our worship team during the service.

I noticed that our pianist kept raising her pocket camera to take pictures of her old friend while we were practicing the music prior to the church service. So I leaned over at one point and asked if she'd like me to grab my camera and take a picture of the two of them together. She said, "yes," and one of the pictures is below. They look happy, don't they?

It's great to see old friends. God is good!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Rich! It brought me to tears. I love her. She and her family are very dear to my heart. It means a lot that you were willing to take a few minutes and snap some wonderful pictures of us together. Thank you from both of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Kelly. It was great to meet Jennifer. She's a real sweetheart and a fantastic musician.

    She told me she wants some of my coffee when she comes back to the area in September. So you and she are invited over for lattes. Give me some notice and we'll arrange it so the two of you can get in and back out as quickly as you want to so you can continue your carousing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful photo! Their love and friendship is so evident.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you explain how you took this beautiful picture and what kind of background you used. Did you use an SLR digital camera? Was it somewhere in your church? Do you have 2 sources of light above? It is a beautiful picture and know you love photography.....hopefully I can learn something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to post a description of what I did to end up with the photo. I manipulated it a bit, but not much. I should have the post up later today (Saturday).

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.