January 29, 2009

Reign in your members!!

A few years ago our church purchased quite a few license plate frames with the church's name and web address on them. Many of us thought that this would be a good way to advertise the church up and down the highways.

We realized that the frames might not have been such a great idea after quite a few people responded to the free license plate frames with something like, "I don't want to put that on my car because then I'll have to be ultra careful when I'm commuting." This was in the Washington, DC, metro area and the drivers there are notorious for their aggressive driving and their bad behavior toward the other motorists.

I was reminded of that situation a few days ago when I heard about this call to LifeChurch.tv.

Perhaps we should all just make sure we're behaving properly in public. Then we may advertise our churches with impunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.