December 18, 2013

One more week - ringing the bells of Christmas

M

y sister discovered jazz when we were still in high school. There was something about jazz, fusion, big band, and funk that just seemed to speak to us. She and I have had a deep love for jazz ever since.

A few years later I discovered Larry Carlton, a phenomenal jazz and blues guitarist. Larry Carlton has produced a wealth of great jazz and blues albums and has alternated between electric and acoustic on each album for many years. As I collected these albums I began to notice that he includes a hymn or other worship-related piece on almost every album. So when he released his Christmas album I was excited to hear it. And I wasn’t disappointed. It’s now one of my favorite Christmas albums.

Here’s “Ringing the Bells of Christmas” by Larry Carlton.

P.S. Only one week until Christmas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.