May 05, 2013

Blog Header - May 5, 2013

I haven’t been posting my blog header photos for quite a while. And... I haven’t been posting nearly as often as I used to a few years ago. But I decided to post this header photo that has been up for the past few weeks. I am particularly fond of this one, even though I did not take this beautiful portrait.

My interest in angels began about five years ago when I began photographing tombstone angels in graveyards. There is something fascinating about the angels in graveyards. They seem to carry a tremendous amount of emotion. Some are sad... some are young and playful... some are introspective... some are flamboyant. There's a tremendous amount of variety, but so many of them are beautiful.

I’ve even considered doing some angel photography myself and creating a series of photographs of angels. I’d love to get input on this concept as I work toward a good focus in my mind about what I’m trying to accomplish with this series. But, for now... this photo is one of quite a few I have collected for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.