February 06, 2010

2010 blizzard - now finished

The “biggest snowstorm in DC’s history” has now come to an end—at least out here in Front Royal. We just received a weather alert telling us that the Winter Weather Storm Warning has been cancelled. And it’s a good thing, too. I don’t think we could have taken much more.

We have almost 3 feet of snow on the ground and drifts of 10 feet and more. I’ve shoveled our front walk at least 10 times today and have cleared the accumulating snow from the top of our car twice. Tomorrow will be Dig Out Day. I need to make sure I remove the drifts from around the car, where the snow is at least five feet deep all around. I guess I’ll either get muscles or a heart attack.

Here’s a few more photos to show the progress and depth of the snow:

The view from the side of our house

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.