August 06, 2009

Beyond all expectation

Ephesians 3:14—21

I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.
Amen.

6 comments:

  1. You need a "like a lot!" button!! This has been one of my favorite passages since college. I think it was Dr. Emert who did the Christmas tree thing with this verse -- do you remember that? It was so impressive, I never, ever forgot this verse. If you don't remember I think I can recreate it.

    I have been praying for you a lot this morning, and I am already seeing answers!! Hang on tight, brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS -- I don't know which is more beautiful, the view or the young man in it!! He is getting SOOOOO handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mary. He's a good looking dude, isn't he? We used to say that you could tell he was adopted because he was so good-looking, until he asked us not to say that "because I do look like you guys." Our hearts melted.

    I don't remember the Christmas tree, but I seem to recall first getting this verse cemented into my brain when we were at BBC. So that's probably where I learned it as well. I just need to remind myself of the truth of this verse from time to time. And now is one of those times when I need to remember that God loves us so much we are not even able to comprehend it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added "Love it!" to the choices. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH, I read "love it" and thought of Bob Liston and "Zola" Chaney. Now all you need is some big honkin clips to click on when I hit "love it!!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - I had forgotten about that. Bobby Liston, what a case! And Zola, I don't know that I would have even remembered that nickname if you hadn't joined it together with Bob. What memories.

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.