March 17, 2009

Mandisa

I'm a fan of American Idol. Although I don't watch every show, I do try to keep up with what's going on. And I have my favorites that I root for as the show progresses.

Nabbr.com

One of the contestants two years ago was an outspoken Christian young lady. Mandisa was probably noticed and remembered mostly for standing up to Simon when he said something mean to her. But her method of standing up to him was very unique. She mentioned that what he had said had hurt her, and then, without waiting for a response from Simon, she said, "But I forgive you. If Jesus can forgive me for all that I've done, I can certainly forgive you for saying something that hurt me."

Mandisa made it to the final few, but did not win the competition that year. But she has just released her first album and it fits perfectly with what she demonstrated during the show. I think the first song on the album reveals her focus, "My Deliverer."

Click the play button in the box to the left. You can enjoy every single song on the entire album in high quality. Then go out and make a statement by purchasing this album.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great story...

    I've often felt we've long lost our sight on reality because its veiled in viciousness and snarky retorts. If the Bible teaches us one thing, it is to turn the other cheek!

    Unless of course you're being mobbed by some sharks.

    But back to being positive...while I used to feel it was some sign of being weak, I've realized the last few years that because I try to maintain a positive and healthy persona I am much more stronger than those who grow to spit and slap.

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.