February 15, 2009

It Doesn't Grow Old

I gave Lance an early Valentine's gift.  I bought him an inexpensive MP3 player and loaded it with romantic jazz music.  It was a really neat surprise since he wasn't expecting it early, and I usually get him a supply of chocolates, so this was something unexpected.  

When he arrived home from work Saturday, he brought me two of the sweetest early daffodils.  As he handed them to me, he said, "I didn't promise you anything for Valentine's Day, did I?"  I told him no, and these were a beautiful idea.  I put them in water, and then went to do a task while he washed up.  A few minutes later I heard the front door close.  Then I heard crinkling paper along with Lance and my eldest daughter's giggles.  I came downstairs to a treat of a dozen and a half roses.  I thoroughly enjoyed cutting and arranging them, and Brooke and Lance took pictures for me to post to my Facebook account.  

You'd think after all these years(21!), our romance would have grown old.  But I'm still crazy about him, and it doesn't hurt a bit that he's a great romantic.  My kids tease us endlessly about our relationship.  My youngest says I have a smile just for dad that I get when he calls in the middle of the day.  He also says I "twinkle" when I talk about dad (well, at least when I'm not upset...).

I'm so thankful that I get to spend everyday with my best friend. We spent a lot of our time dating just talking.  I still love to talk to him.  He's a great story teller, and so when he gets home, I try to get him to tell me about his day.  He's very witty, too, and we laugh LOTS.  

As a young girl, I prayed that God would give me a Christian home, but I got a whole lot more than I asked for.  God has spoiled me rotten by giving me such a super guy!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Lance! It's wonderful to see long-lasting romances. It shows how important it is to recognize Christ as the foundation of your marriage. Those who do so and who seek the glory of God above all else experience God's intention for marriage, including its longevity.

    Happy Valentines Day, Mary!

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.