September 02, 2008

Ezekiel, the prophet,and Obama ... hmmm.

 

Today's Bible Reading Ezekiel 20-21

I'm also reading:
Family Driven Faith   Voddie Baucham, Jr.
Solomon Among the Postmoderns   Peter J. Leithart
 

As I read the Bible this morning, I ran across this interesting passage from Ezekiel:

In this also your fathers blasphemed me, by dealing treacherously with me. For when I had brought them into the land that I swore to give them, then wherever they saw any high hill or any leafy tree, there they offered their sacrifices and there they presented the provocation of their offering; there they sent up their pleasing aromas, and there they poured out their drink offerings. (I said to them, What is the high place to which you go? So its name is called Bamah to this day.)

—Ezekiel 20:27-29

Okay - this is way out of context and is really completely wrong, but I still think it's funny that the place was named Bamah because it was where the Israelites blasphemed God and defiled his commandments. Funny because in certain cultures the name O'bama would mean of Bamah. Interesting.... And, after all, Ezekiel was a prophet.

Okay, now back to reality. BTW: Bamah actually means "high place."

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.