August 04, 2008

What I'm reading today

 

Today's Bible Reading Nahum 1–3

I'm also reading:
The Picture of Dorian Gray   Oscar Wilde
A Hedonist in the Cellar   Jay McInerney

More from The Picture of Dorian Gray. I have continued to thoroughly enjoy The Picture of Dorian Gray. It is no wonder that Oscar Wilde's works have stood the test of time and become classics to continuing generations.

I shared a quote from the character Lord Henry Wotton last week that showed a very low view of women. Today I offer another quote from the same character. This one hitting the men:

Women love us for our defects. If we have enough of them, they will forgive us everything, even our intellects.

3 comments:

  1. That is one inane comment, Richard, I tell you what!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta read this book, Lynn. It's great. There are more inane comments to enjoy. Don't let the quotes scare you off though. It really is an awesome book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just joking! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.