July 09, 2008

What an outstanding hymn!

There are a few hymns that stand out above all the others ever written. My favorites have remained essentially the same for most of my life, but two recent discoveries have become my two favorite hymns of all time. Keith Getty's hymn "In Christ Alone" is my all-time favorite. The hymn below has just taken second place. I don't know the author or the tune of this hymn, but I found it at a very interesting blog. I hope you appreciate this hymn as much as I do:

My Lord, I did not choose You,
For that could never be;
My heart would still refuse You,
Had You not chosen me.

You took the sin that stained me,
You cleansed me, made me new;
Of old You have ordained me,
That I should live in You.

Unless Your grace had called me
And taught my op’ning mind,
The world would have enthralled me,
To heav’nly glories blind.

My heart knows none above You;
For Your rich grace I thirst;
I know that if I love You,
You must have loved me first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.