April 03, 2008

Answering felt needs or real needs?

My father writes one of the best blogs I've seen for simple exegetical, devotional discussions, complete with thought-provoking questions and application. The most recent two posts on his blog are particularly outstanding.

Navigators: How God Looks Upon a Distorted Gospel deals with our need to stick to the Word of God, not adding or subtracting according to our own agenda or whim.

Navigators: People-Pleasing Preachers discusses directly the common current problem of adjusting the church's message to suit the "itching ears" of the congregation. This post is particularly important during these days of "Seeker Sensitivity," Bill Hybels, Rick Warren, and the other fad-driven church-growth people and programs.

Take a read, comment on the thoughts, join the discussion.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Richard. I checked it out, and was very encouraged by your father's writings. I'm glad that as a new believer, he stood his ground against legalism. I wish I had been that well grounded in the Word as a new believer! It took me a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you checked out my father's site. He has just entered the blogging world (a few months ago) and I think he is doing an outstanding job. He's also a dedication Christian pastor (retired now) and scholar with a wealth of knowledge and wisdom. I'm glad he has found an additional outlet to communicate that.

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.