March 22, 2008

OFRBC Easter Egg Hunt (and other stuff)

I'm obviously not in the hospital—praise God! The doctor said all pertinent signs said that my leg is improving. He told me to continue the directives I was given yesterday. And as a positive send-off, he had one of the nurses give me another posterior injection of antibiotics. I'm not sure why they had to stick me there, as that was not the part of my body that was in pain—at least not until they stuck me there for the second time in two days.

Anyway, I was told to elevate my leg and stay off of it for a few days while taking various antibiotic medications. So, as is my habit, I completely ignored the doctor's recommendations since the leg really did feel much better than yesterday. I went to our church's Easter egg hunt for the kiddies and I wandered around among the people photographing the event. The leg is now throbbing and I have a much better understanding of the reasons behind my doctor's directives. Better late than never, eh?

Mr. and Mrs. Wilt

But the Easter egg hunt was a lot of fun to watch. The kids had a good time looking for the eggs. Then they all gathered and certain numbers hidden in the plastic eggs were used to help the children follow the story of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Afterwards many of the people hung out at the church playground to have a picnic lunch. Mrs. Wilt and I pulled a nest out of one of the trees for potential future decorating use. Don't worry, this nest has been there since last fall. It's an abandoned house. No Tweeties will be left homeless. So don't sick PETA on me.

ADDENDUM: You can now see the nest over at The Sparrow's Nest, Mrs. Wilt's blog. She's pretty quick and very good at decorating. The nest looked good in the tree, but you've got to see it now in two forms: Before ("A Feathery Find"), and After ("Easter Tablescape").

And here it is coming out of the tree:

2 comments:

  1. David and I are very happy you are not in the hospital. And we are very use to you ignoring good advice, though it is usually MY good advice you ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm - I sense a blog post in the making in that comment.

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.