December 27, 2013

The year in review

My house... in the snow
I

always turn off all automation on my cameras, my stereo systems, and even on my car. I just don’t like releasing that amount of control to a computer processor. But I guess if the computer app has been programmed very well, it might actually be kinda cool to have that automation.

Google recently launched an app called Auto Awesome that tries to improve some of your photos and then offers them to you for use on your blogs, web sites, Facebook, or other social media. They have offered me two different automatically adjusted photos and then yesterday they offered up a video created from randomly chosen photos and a video I have uploaded over this past year. I think it’s really cool.

One of the photos Google automatically awesome-ized is the photo at the top right of this post. I guess their software realized that was a snow picture, so they added the falling snow. I kinda like it. The second photo is the group photo above. It’s not a great photo, but I took three versions of that group portrait. Google looked through those three images and chose the best smile for each person in those three photos, then they created the photo above, which combines the best smiles from each photo into one single portrait. But this video that they created yesterday is, in my opinion, really cool. I hope you like it. This is the year in review, as seen by Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.