April 05, 2013

Save me, O God!

Psalm 69:1

To the Choirmaster: According to Lilies. Of David.

1Save me, O God!
For the waters have come up to my neck.

2I sink in deep mire,
where there is no foothold;
I have come into deep waters,
and the flood sweeps over me.

3I am weary with my crying out;
my throat is parched.
My eyes grow dim
with waiting for my God.

4More in number than the hairs of my head
are those who hate me without cause;
mighty are those who would destroy me,
those who attack me with lies.
What I did not steal
must I now restore?

5O God, you know my folly;
the wrongs I have done are not hidden from you.

6Let not those who hope in you be put to shame through me,
O Lord God of hosts;
let not those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me,
O God of Israel.

7For it is for your sake that I have borne reproach,
that dishonor has covered my face.

8I have become a stranger to my brothers,
an alien to my mother’s sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.