November 07, 2011

For those who are called according to His purpose

G

od works in mysterious ways, or so the saying goes. I guess the saying is trying to capture the indisputable fact that in God’s omniscience, he does things we would never consider. He brings events into our lives and leads us down paths that are totally unexpected. We can then become disquieted because these events and paths are scary and not of our own choosing, or we can rest quietly and watch in anticipation to see what God has planned for us.

Psalm 50:15

Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.

Romans 8:28 says that all things work together for good to those who love and are called by God. Not just the things that are the result of my feeble attempts at goodness. Not just the things that other people will see and praise. Not just the things that align with my knowledge, skills, and abilities. All things.

Thank you, God, for guiding my paths and my events. Now... may I trust in you instead of concerning myself so much with the daily grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.