April 16, 2010

Tristan and Isolde

I love history. And I love to read. So it is particularly sweet when I find a free history book to read—and when the book itself is historic.

I recently found Historia Brittonum (History of the Britons) by Nennius. This history was published in 796 A.D. and it is fascinating. It actually attempts to show the history of Britain and Scotland beginning with Adam. And does quite a good job of it.

Anyway, reading about the settlements of Britain during the centuries prior to the advent of Jesus Christ has given me a thirst for more of that time period. So I turned to our DVDs to find something to assuage that thirst and I came across the phenomenal movie Tristan and Isolde. This is a fantastic movie and well worth your time, especially if you like period films. This would be a great one to rent this weekend and watch with your sweetheart after you have put the kids to bed.

Tristan and Isolde

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.