September 03, 2009

Can we go the distance?

A

few days ago I posted a video of the song “Go the Distance” as performed by Return 2 Zero [Stop and Smell the Roses]. I was focusing on the exquisite harmonies of this outstanding a capella vocal group. But my friend, Lydia, a much deeper thinker than I, paid attention to the words and has posted a fantastic analysis of the words to that song.

Just this morning it struck me that her analysis of the words to “Go the Distance” could form a very solid foundation for personal evangelism. What a great way to communicate the gospel message.


I have also considered the original Matrix movie to be a great tool for personal evangelism. I wanted to develop a guide showing the parallels between the Matrix story and the gospel message, but I never got around to it and the Matrix is not a current cultural phenomenon anymore.

C’est la vie!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Rich. If I get another inspiration, I'll let you know. It only happens rarely. :-)

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.