September 16, 2009

Blog Header - September 16, 2009

T

his morning I arrived at work a little bit early. The parking garages were not yet open, so I parked my car in front of the original Smithsonian (the Castle), walked to the middle of the Mall and took a few photos. It was 6:00 am.

Washington, D.C., is a beautiful city anytime. But other than those of us who work there, most people never get to see the early morning beauty this city has to offer. The mall is filled with joggers and a few early morning workers, but otherwise it is pretty quiet at 6:00 in the morning. Just a few hours later, during any season of the year, the Mall will be jam-packed with tourists. So the early morning hours are a great time for photography.

Although I almost always have my camera, I normally don’t have my tripod with me. But I had brought it this morning in order to take some portraits of one of our consulting teams. So I grabbed the tripod and grabbed these photos.

3 comments:

  1. Sherry DeFrank9/16/2009 7:06 PM

    These are absolutely beautiful Rich! I still need to post some pictures I took in Boston with my little portable camera. I was surprised with how beautiful some of the night ones came out and have been anxious to show you! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, as always, Rich. Can't wait to show my kids this in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us know when you do - We'll give you the full tour. If you've got a month or so.

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.