July 30, 2009

The darkest time of the night

Habakkuk 3;17–19

Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord, is my strength.

T

he darkest time of the night is the time of the night when your eyes have not yet adjusted, because it’s about to get darker.

At least that’s how it has seemed for us recently.

We have still not heard an answer as to whether or not the owners will see fit to rent the house in Front Royal to us. But we did get a phone call today telling us that it doesn’t look as good as it did a couple days ago.

God is still in control. And He loves to show his power when things seem hopeless.

I’m ready for the fireworks.

6 comments:

  1. I've been praying, Richard. And my heart is breaking today over something I can't talk about online, so I ask you, and Mary, to be praying for me and my situation as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be praying, Lynn. I have added you to my daily prayer list and will pray for you at least every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lynn and Rich,
    God has been teaching me, after all these years of walking with Him, what a privilege prayer is, especially intercessory prayer. I've always prayed, but not as fervently as in recent months, and I am amazed at the joy I receive when God grants favor on the person I'm praying for. It's almost "personal". So thanks for giving me the opportunity to pray with you concerning your needs. I am doing so now.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Lydia. Your prayers are greatly appreciated. We're hoping to hear something on Monday. And we're praying that it will be an affirmative on us renting the house. I'll let you know here what we find out.

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.