May 23, 2009

Waiting

WAITING

Lonely, waiting in the heavy darkness
All thoughts consumed by the thought of You.
If not for the promise of Your coming,
How would I ever make it through?

My heart is a slave and what is its burden?
This deep longing for my innocent Lamb.
Oh what a sweet eternal mystery:
My Redeemer is also the Great I Am!

Unquenchable thirst, my heart parched and dry.
Yet, because of my longing, tears form in my eyes.
What is the remedy, what can water my soul?
Only when I hear the sound of Your coming...
For then, then at last, I'll be made whole!

Lance Fuller 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.