January 12, 2009

Unique scholarship concept

What do you do when you're trying to get a degree but don't have enough money to finish the education? Of course, it's obvious: you sell your virginity to the highest bidder.

I don't know why I'm shocked anymore, but I am. It amazes me that this young lady would not recognize how awful this is. I guess I need to remind myself that folks without the benefit and guidance of the Holy Spirit are not able to understand right and wrong.

Just one more reason why we need to be serious about sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with a lost and unbelieving world.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah . . . I heard about this on the radio in my van this morning. Blech! What a way to wake up. She's following in her sister's footsteps, who paid her way through school by prostituting herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from everything else, I wonder if it has crossed this young lady's mind that her dead body could be found by the police in the morning at the end of this little adventure with some man she knows nothing about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia - after reading your comment here, I noticed this article. It's about a man in Germany who has admitted to killing women he has met on the internet.

    This story makes me very sad for this girl and for our children today. What a world they are growing up in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - and in the courtroom:

    Grotheer wanted the court to know that “except for these two, all the other 98 are still alive”, his lawyer said.

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.