October 04, 2008

To-do list

The Imitation of Christ, Thomas à Kempis

Study also to guard against and to overcome the faults which in others very frequently displease you. Make the best of every opportunity, so that if you see or hear good example you may be moved to imitate it. On the other hand, take care lest you be guilty of those things which you consider reprehensible, or if you have ever been guilty of them, try to correct yourself as soon as possible. As you see others, so they see you.

This past week has been extremely full and busy. I have had very little time to attend to myself. And the weekend looks every bit as busy as the week has been.

So, hoping that I could find a little bit of quiet time in which to relax early this morning, I grabbed my copy of The Imitation of Christ, opened it to a random portion and began reading. And I found something that I obviously need to add to the top of my to-do list.

My pastor has talked from the pulpit about those people that just tend to rub you the wrong way. He encourages us to pray for them and to not allow bitterness to rise against a brother or sister in Christ. And he always reminds us that we are that person for someone else. That's a good thing to remember.

So much for the relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.