July 25, 2008

Blog Header - July 25, 2008

Having been raised an Independent Fundamental Baptist, I am well aware that many of those who know me will be distressed that I have a photo of wine posted on my blog. I have never seen anything in scripture against wine (other than the admonition to not overindulge) and I do see many things in scripture that say that wine is a gift from God. And I really don't think that in our current culture the drinking of wine fits the "weaker brother" passage. So here it is—my wine blog header.

I may post a few wine-related tidbits if I have time to gather those. But for now—if any vintage puns jump to mind or if you really want to whine about my wine, feel free. Comments are open.

3 comments:

  1. Blessed art Thou O Lord, Who bringeth for fruit from the branches. This is the blessing pronounced by Jewish families all over the world before they drink wine. From one former independent fundamental Baptist to another, wine IS a gift from God. We will drink it at the Wedding Feast of the Lamb jsut as they partook of wine at Cana where the first mircale occured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard, I joked about there being coffee in heaven. But I am serious here. Jesus indicates he will drink wine in the Kingdom of God -- and probably we will, too:

    And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He said, "Take this and share it among yourselves;
    for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now on until the kingdom of God comes."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy and Lynne - I agree. I think the bible is quite clear that wine is a direct gift from God to man. And, yes, Jesus' first miracle was making a wine so fine that its quality was commented on and there will be wine in the Kingdom of God.

    I'm going to attempt to address a few of those things in some upcoming posts. I have been amazed at some of the crazy things that have been taught by those opposed to wine. You'll have to let me know if I'm way off base in those posts. Keep me on track.

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.