June 13, 2008

A righteous boast - forgive me, Lord

Galatians 6:13
God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

How can I leave here, and think of the cross
The thorns, and the whip, and the nails, and the spear
   the infinite cost—
To purchase my pardon to bury my shame
And think I have anything worth boasting in
   except for Your name

'Cause I am a sinner ... and You are the Savior!

And I wanna make much of You, Jesus
I wanna make much of You, Lord
I wanna live today to give you the praise
You alone are so worthy of
I wanna make much of Your mercy
I wanna make much of Your cross
I give You my life; take it and let it be used
To make much of You

Steven Curtis Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.