June 28, 2008

Another reason to love Lynchburg

My wife looked out our kitchen window a few days ago and noticed some visitors in our back yard. She ran to get her camera and took these photos.

We see deer in the yard quite often, but usually not nearly this close. And these deer just stood and watched my wife as she took their picture. Of course, she's a portrait photographer so maybe they just knew that that's what they were supposed to do. I imagine the momma deer telling the baby, "Stand up straight and look directly into the camera. We don't want Aunt Matilda to complain again this year that we didn't send her a photo."

In the big city where I work there are very few animals and most of them are rabid. Every once in a while I see someone walking 15 or so dogs, so I know there are pets out there somewhere that are keeping these professional dog-walkers employed. But you just don't tend to see animals out and about.

We love the fact that even though we technically live in the City of Lynchburg, this city is apparently animal friendly enough or has not destroyed enough of the natural habitat to cause the animals to seek another geographic location to settle down and raise their fawns.

4 comments:

  1. In the big city where I work there are very few animals and most of them are rabid.

    Richard,

    If you're talking about DC, they are rabid. And walk upright on two legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard, I came over from WWF. Imagine my surprise when I saw this post about Lynchburg, We call the same city home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool!! Nice to meet a neighbor. Where do you go to church?

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.