April 08, 2008

My son the chef

My son wanted to feel like a real chef, so he asked if we could get him a chef's hat. I told him we probably could, but we'd have to find out where to buy such a thing.

In his desire to get on with the full look, he took apart a pillow cover my wife made a few years ago, removed the pillow, stuffed the cover with clothes, and placed it on his head. He came out of his room and modeled it for us. "Do I look like a chef?"

A few minutes later he was in the kitchen helping to prepare our dinner. I couldn't resist grabbing his camera and taking this video

5 comments:

  1. Oh, the wonderful array of ways we can embarass kids later in life. Save this one for about 10 years and show it to young ladies interested in marriage...

    He, he, he.

    How ever grateful I am that my parents didn't have a video recorder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is he wanted to be video taped and put on a blog- it was his idea.
    So he has only his self to blame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me ... we have a whole lot more than that video to embarass him with. [evil laugh]

    He's very confident though. Not much embarasses him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute! What a great kid! So I heard him say he is cooking for the "passengers", he must be getting into Mom's fun blogging article! So precious.

    :0) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. David has been participating in Mom's Titanic series, except in his mind it's all happening on a dinner train because he loves, loves, loves trains. So he was preparing dinner for his dinner train guests. My favorite part of this video is where he says that he's preparing "very 5-star rich sauce."

    Thanks, Sharon. He really is a great kid.

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.