March 04, 2008

O Happy Day!

Here is one verse of Scripture that, as a young believer, I used to repeat often, for it was very dear to me. It is this: “Bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar” (Psalm 118:27). I did feel then that I was wholly Christ's. In the marriage covenant of which the Lord speaks, when the Husband put the ring upon His bride's finger, He said to her, “You have become Mine.” I remember when I felt upon my finger the ring of infinite, everlasting, covenant love that Christ put there. Oh, it was a joyful day, a blessed day! Happy day, happy day, when His choice was known to me, and He fixed my choice on Him! That blessed rest of soul that comes from a sure possession of Christ is not to be imitated, but it is greatly to be desired.
Charles Haddon Spurgeon, My Conversion

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.