March 28, 2008

Mulch man

Mulch Man David

Some days are easier than others. After four days of outstanding behavior and lots of fun together as a family, my son decided to show he was in charge. Needless to say, he lost the gambit.

In the photo here, he is showing he's in charge by doing the mulching that my wife had planned to do for the past few weeks. We finally got the mulch today when our friend Dan was mulching the church playground and offered to take my wife to the mulch place and carry the mulch to our house in his trailer. This happened just after my son "volunteered" to do this back-breaking task.

It's just so great when punishments get to come with the added benefit of less work for Mom or Dad.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, I'm looking forward to that, but it is something I want to do by myself! I like mowing and gardening, but not operating the weed-eater. I'm just too clumsy with it. My husband does a good job with it.

    He also is good at carving the Thanksgiving turkey! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Spring. It's so great to hear the birds singing again - and the flowering trees are so beautiful right now. Our grass is growing and turning deep green. I just love this time of year .

    Oh- I also love carving the Thanksgiving turkey. It must be a husband-type thing. I don't mind eating it too much either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spring. For a couple of years, we 'corrected' bad attitudes in our teen sons by having them sweat them out hand digging new flowerbeds. Since we have icky, thick, black clay soil, this was no idle threat. LOL A few weeks ago, I pointed out to our single remaining son at home that I needed a bad attitude so I could get more beds dug. Humpf. No takers.

    Blessings and wisdom as you deal with the challenges of raising a son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debmc - A sense of humor seems to go a long way toward getting our son to accept the penalties for his bad behavior. He still loves to tell the story of when he had to eat liver for every meal for a week because he hid food behind some furniture. He thinks it's hilarious now, but it worked. He used to hide food all the time and he hasn't done it since then (about 7 years now).

    Your single remaining son at home is probably feeling the pressure of not having anyone else around to volunteer for the black-clay duties. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.