January 17, 2008

I love Lynchburg

Our house at 6am

The weather forecast was calling for snow. I asked my boss to let me work from home in case the weather got crazy and he graciously allowed me to do so. So early this morning we kept an eye on the window to see how things were progressing.

At about 5:50am we received a call from the public school system saying that school had been cancelled due to the incoming weather situation. At about 6:00 the snow began to fall. And it fell. And it fell. And it fell some more. We ended up with a good bit of accumulation. Our son had a blast.

David shoveling

Lynchburg, a beautiful town anytime, became a delightful winter wonderland today. I had to go outside and take these pictures. The first couple of pictures were before the sun came up at around 6:30 am. The others were at around lunchtime when I went outside to watch my son go sledding down the hill in front of our house.

Thank you, Lord, for making such a beautiful temporary home for us.

Our back yard BBQ
Berries on one of our trees
Our house around noon

3 comments:

  1. You truly captured the beauty of the area. I know you had fun with David playing in the snow. I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! You and your wife both have such a gift for photography. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mrs. Wilt. I loved your pictures too. Mr. Wilt saw about 20 deer toward the back of our property on Wedensday night. Maybe they were foraging for food in preparation of the big storm. Kind of like all of us humans going to Wal-mart before the storm hits.

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.