January 05, 2008

Blog Header - January 6, 2008

Beginning this year, I am going to change my blog header each week. Most of these headers will be photos I have taken, but a few will highlight my favorite painter—Steve Hanks. The header this week is from one of Steve Hanks' paintings.

The following quote is from the Steve Hanks web site:

Steve Hanks is one of the most sought after artists in North America today.Photo-realism with this rogue medium is difficult at best, and he is the master of it. His techniques are widely studied by students and seasoned artists alike.

I love Steve's paintings because they have a wonderful sense of respect for the family, children, women, and even pets. When I view one of his paintings, I get the feeling that I am secretly observing the actual lives of the people in the painting.

All of his paintings are done in watercolor. His use of lighting, his depiction of water, and the almost visceral sense of touch that exudes from his fabrics is without match in the art world.

Check out Steve Hanks. I hope you will become as much of a fan as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.