October 20, 2005

God Provides ... and provides ... and provides

To the God who "is able to do above all that we ask or think," I need to give abundant praise.

After sending an e-mail to the church about my need for some help with determining what was wrong with my car (see the post from two days ago, directly below), the e-mails and phone calls began to pour in. Many people offered to give me a car (most of them permanently). One person offered to fix the car for me at no charge after he returns from out of town. Others offered to pay for the car to be fixed. One of the elders in the church who was already preparing to sell fix and then sell one of his cars offered to get the car fixed and then give it to me instead of selling it. Then he offered to fix it and sell it and give me the money he got for the car. What an outpouring of true love.

God had already provided a car (my father-in-law's pickup truck), so I expressed my gratitude to each of these people and told them that God had already provided. But what an amazing show of grace from God and from the people of my church.

My father-in-law's truck has more than 200,000 miles on it, so it's not a long-term commuting vehicle, but it is exactly what I need at this time to get me through however long it takes to get my car fixed.

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!