July 07, 2005

One year down - and still losing

Today is my 1-year checkup ... 1 year since my weight loss surgery. I have lost 271 pounds and feel great. Some people have even said I look great, although I think they're just buttering me up. God has been gracious and brought me through this in an amazing way. Now I need to stay on top of things so I don't regain any weight. In fact, I'd like to lose another 30 pounds or so. We'll see what the doctor says today.

I'd like to thank God for:

  • Dr. Halmi, the best surgeon in history
  • Dr. Halmi's amazingly wonderful staff
  • Occoquan Bible Church
  • My wife Kim (pictured with me at the top right side of this page)
  • My son David (who took the above mentioned profile picture)
  • My extended family and friends who have provided great support

Without these people this would have been a very difficult process, but with these people it has been an exciting and mostly enjoyable road. Thanks to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.