July 01, 2013

A message from Pastor Gelina

FYI - for context

For those who are unaware of the context of this post: Dale City teacher charged with raping student

I am posting this private email from my father to help answer some of the questions that have arisen around the recent news of Chuck Stallard’s arrest. May God bring healing and justice to this situation.

Please pray for both the perpetrator and the victim(s). And may the name of Christ be glorified always.

Dear Rich,

Thanks for contacting us this morning to alert us about Brother Stallard's arrest.

Both of us are deeply distressed and disturbed by this news. He was a dear brother and a well respected teacher. But to tolerate such sin is to invite the wrath of God upon our school and the entire church assembly. Let's pray for him and pray much for his victims.

As you know, we were already in South Africa when this broke open. We had resigned in 1984 and left for the field in 1986. It was only in 1990 when we learned that he was fired because of his inappropriate behavior. We heard nothing more until this morning when you told us that this began in the days of my leadership at Evangel Baptist Church. I can assure you that had we known that this was happening during my tenure, I would have stopped it immediately. God frowns on any such evil. What is now known goes far beyond anything I had heard or imagined. Oh, how sad!

God bless!

Dad (and Mother as well)

Please remember that this is a personal email from my father to me after I had informed him of the situation. He was as shocked and taken by surprise as many of us in this situation and would probably like to address things much more deeply if he knew more details and had the proper forum to do so.

Under my father’s administration of Evangel Christian School, the school was fully compliant with local, state, and federal laws and pedophilia would not have been swept under the rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.