February 24, 2013

Photography

I
t has been a very long time since I posted a real blog post. I think maybe I should get back to doing this regularly. I let too many things get in the way of frivolous pontification. That’s an error I intend to correct.

So... I need to post some pictures. I was going through some of my older pictures and found a few I should probably share. These are pictures I really enjoyed. I hope you do as well.

This first one is a photo of one of the hotels as you first enter Front Royal. The night I took this photo there was an amazing full moon in the sky. I took a picture of that moon and sandwiched the photo of this hotel with the shot of the moon. I kind of like it, even though it’s a bit obvious that I Photoshopped it.
I took this picture of the Shenandoah River from the bridge over the north fork of the Shenandoah, just at the outskirts of Front Royal. The sun was setting over Mount Massanutten and it was simply beautiful.
After the sun had fallen behind the mountains in the distance, I set up my tripod and took a long exposure of this scene. I love the beauty of the skeletal trees against the river.
This is a door on a church in Upperville, Virginia, which is quite close to Front Royal. We decided to take a walk around the town one day and found some of the most wonderful scenes. This was one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.