December 07, 2009

Merry Christmas - PDQ Bach style

I was introduced to the delightful PDQ Bach when I was in high school and have loved his music ever since. Here are a few of his Christmas carols for your dining and dancing pleasure. Let’s kick off the Christmas season in fine baroque style:

O Little Town of Hackensack

Throw the Yule Log On, Uncle John

With or without the comma

Good King Kong

And one bonus track for your further enjoyment. Dim the lights, pour some wine, cuddle up with the one you love and let the romance envelope you as you immerse yourself in this phenomenal fare (Renaissance fair?) ... hmmmm.

My Bonnie Lass, She Smelleth

 

4 comments:

  1. I like "Concerto for Two Unfriendly Groups of Instruments" myself. And probably anything from PDQ Bach's "Soused Period" (a picture on one of his old albums showed him during that phase of his career). ;-)

    I couldn't hear the lyrics very well to "O Little Town of Hackensack," so will have to have them in front of me when listening to the youtube you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite PDQ Bach album was "Portrait," the cover of which featured a painting of PDQ Bach in a pile of trash. It included my all-time favorite PDQ piece, "Eine Kleine Nichtmusik." Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - another outstanding one is the delightful Beethoven's Fifth from "In the Air - On the Air" - complete with sporting event styled commentators. It's a beautiful night for a concert; there's not a cloud in the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite is My Bonnie Lass so good pick. I have sung many of these pieces and thoroughly enjoyed every note. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

No personal attacks. No profanity.

Please keep your comments in good taste. Leave a name so we know who you are. Your comments are welcome, but anonymous flames and sacrilege will be deleted.